Fairfield County Divorce Lawyer
If you are considering divorce, or have been served papers for divorce, do not think that you have to face this upcoming chapter on your own. Our New Canaan divorce attorney is committed to standing by your side and protecting your best interests from start to finish.
Why Choose Our Family Law Attorneys?
- We provide tailored solutions and client-focused legal counsel.
- We seek the best possible outcome, no matter the complexities involved.
- We remain compassionate about your situation at all times.
- We treat every case with the highest degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
- We offer our clients initial case consultations.
- We accept cases in New Canaan, Darien, Wilton, and Norwalk.
- We are backed by countless satisfied client testimonials.
Brickley Law Can Lessen the Load
The process of a divorce, whether amicable or contentious, is often emotionally and financially grueling. Tension and stress can cloud judgment and produce excessive strain on both parties, prolonging the proceedings. You should not have to feel as though you are going through this alone.
At Brickley Law, our experienced New Canaan divorce attorney understands the tolls a divorce can exert on a family and seeks to make it go as smoothly as possible. Negotiating a friendly settlement is our first priority, but we will not hesitate to assertively litigate if necessary. Safeguarding your emotional and financial well-being is our main concern.
Requirements for Divorce in Connecticut
Family courts have stipulations on who may file for a dissolution of marriage in Connecticut:
- Generally, one or more of the spouses must have resided in the state for at least one year before the divorce decree can be issued.
- Couples divorcing may file for either a “no-fault” or “fault” divorce.
- If filing for a no-fault divorce, the couple will attest that there is no credible chance of reconciliation or repairing the marital relationship.
- If one spouse doesn’t agree, they may choose to file for a fault-based divorce.
- Grounds for fault may include adultery, fraud, desertion, habitual drunkenness, intolerable cruelty, imprisonment, or mental illness.
Divorce: Beyond a Legal Procedure
Divorce is more than just two parties agreeing to go their separate ways. It is an intricate dissolving of a partnership, often needing complex negotiations. If children are involved, the process can be exponentially complicated. After a thorough assessment of your wishes, needs and rights, our experienced divorce lawyer can advocate for you in all matters of your divorce proceedings.
We can help guide you through complex decisions regarding the following:
Request a Consultation at (203) 599-3600 to Get Started
We know the divorce process can be overwhelming. At Brickley Law, however, you will find a skilled divorce attorney ready to provide sympathetic and trustworthy counsel. We are dedicated to our clients and believe a personal, strong relationship is the key to reaching the most favorable settlement as possible. Get started on the next chapter of your life by calling us now.
Contact us today to schedule your case consultation!
Past Personal Injury Verdicts & Settlements
$100,000 Motor Vehicle Accident
Our client received $100,000.00 (policy limits) for a motor vehicle accident which resulted in a fractured wrist and where client fully recovered.Read More
$75,000 Disability Discrimination
Our client received $75,000.00 in settlement of a disability discrimination claim.Read More
$197,500 Probate Litigation
Our client received $197,500.00 in settlement of a dispute over an intestate estate.Read More
Ready to get started?
Contact us today, for a complimentary & confidential case evaluation.Get Help Now