On May 8, 2020, The Connecticut Governor detailed requirements for businesses planning a soft reopening on May 20th which include:
- 50% maximum restaurant and office capacity.
- Frequent cleaning of high-contact areas.
- Face coverings for all employees and customers.
Businesses were encouraged to increase ventilation and use contactless payment.
Additional guidelines include:
- Waiting rooms to be kept closed.
- Services by appointment.
- Workstations 6 feet apart or barriers between workstations.
- No blow dryers.
- Minimum conversation.
- Outdoor dining only.
- Tables and chairs 6 feet apart.
- Menus on disposable paper, digital or on chalkboards/whiteboards;
- silverware packaged or rolled.
- Hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes available at entrance/exit.
- Meetings limited to five people.
- Employees 6 feet apart
- Barriers at checkout.
The Governor plans to announce additional guidance as well as enforcement guidance in the coming days.