Fairfield County Personal Injury Attorney
Personal injuries can be devastating — physically, mentally and financially. The Brickley Law Firm understands what it means to suffer a serious injury due to the negligence of others. We work tirelessly to help Connecticut residents recover from their injuries by receiving the compensation they deserve.
Our founding attorney, Ann Brickley, has more than two decades of experience handling the most complex and challenging litigation. An Ivy League law graduate and former Wall Street litigator, Ann Brickley has the background and experience to handle even the toughest cases.
After a successful tenure with a major global law firm based in New York City, Ann Brickley returned home to Connecticut to open her own firm. Today, Brickley Law is a highly regarded plaintiff’s firm and personal injury law firm in Fairfield County — and all of Connecticut.
You’ve Been Injured. We Can Help You Become Whole Again.
Personal injuries are often traumatic. Through no fault of your own, you can suffer physical disabilities, financial losses and a decline in your quality of life. You may no longer be able to do the things you once enjoyed most, due to someone else’s actions. Aside from the physical pain and limitations, this is an experience that can be deeply frustrating and mentally taxing — you can spend the rest of your life paying the price for another person’s negligence.
Brickley Law is here to help ensure that you’re treated fairly and justly, and that you receive all the compensation to which you’re legally entitled. We cover the full range of personal injury cases, including the following:
- Auto accidents: Traffic collisions are one of the world’s leading causes of death and injury. Distracted driving, driver inattention and other negligent behaviors result in countless deaths and injuries every year. For Fairfield County drivers, these risks have been increasing: Statistics show that the number of serious collisions and fatalities on Connecticut roads have been rising over the last decade.
- Dog park injuries: Dog parks have become a common feature of the neighborhood landscape in recent years. Yet this trend has been accompanied by a rise in the number of animal attacks and injuries. Connecticut law mandates that pet owners are strictly liable for the injuries or damage their animals cause, with few exceptions. If another person’s pet has injured you or a loved one, the law is on your side.
- Drunk driving: Getting behind the wheel while intoxicated is a reckless act that has caused untold devastation. Unfortunately, Connecticut has been ranked as one of the worst states in the union with regard to alcohol-impaired driving. In 2016, the state had the fifth highest rate of road deaths caused by alcohol-impaired driving.
- Pedestrian injuries: Inattentive or intoxicated drivers are a major hazard for unwitting pedestrians. One collision between a powerful automobile and a pedestrian can have the most devastating kind of consequences. Sadly, residents of Fairfield County are particularly vulnerable, as the county regularly ranks as one of the worst in the state in terms of pedestrian fatalities. Overall, Connecticut has the 27th highest rate of pedestrian fatalities in the U.S., according to federal data.
- Premises liability: Slips, falls and other injuries caused by unsafe property conditions are some of the most common forms of personal injuries. Whether it’s a privately-owned or publicly-owned facility, property owners are required by law to address unsafe conditions.
- Product liability: When you purchase a product, you should feel confident that it is fit for purpose and safe for use. Unfortunately, that’s not always the case. Many products are faulty in terms or design or materials or a failure to adequately warn of risks associated with use of a product, resulting in serious injuries or even death when used. Fortunately, the law protects people who have been injured or killed through the use of defective or unsafe products.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
If you or a loved one has suffered an injury — and that injury was caused by the negligence of another — it’s imperative that you reach out to a law firm that specializes in such cases.
While the categories listed above may comprise the most common forms of personal injury, the list is not comprehensive. If you or a loved one has been injured in any fashion, and another party is at fault, contacting an attorney is essential.
Personal injury cases are often quite complex. In many cases, the opposing counsel has vast resources at its disposal, along with extensive experience. Their goal is to get you to settle for as little as possible, whether that’s truly fair or not. You’re a number on the bottom line, not a person who’s been hurt.
This means that you need an equally tough and experienced litigator in your corner, fighting for your interests every step of the way.
In Fairfield County, that means : Brickley Law.
Join Us for a Free Consultation
While we’re tough advocates in the courtroom, Brickley Law takes pride in being a client-centric law firm. We combine small firm attitude with large firm quality. That means that we are friendly, accommodating and responsive. We know that discussing a personal injury can be an intimidating experience, so we go the extra step to ensure that the process is as open and stress-free as possible. At Brickley Law, you will always meet with a lawyer and your case will be managed by a lawyer. We also provide ourselves on working closely with our clients and being accessible seven days a week.
We are happy to provide a free consultation to explore your case and walk you through your legal options. We understand how difficult it is to recover from a serious personal injury — and we’ll do everything we can to protect your interests.
Please call us at (203) 966-6600 or contact us via email for an appointment.
Past Verdicts & Settlements
Employment Disability Discrimination
Our client received a confidential amount in settlement of an employment disability discrimination claim.Read More
Settled dog attack case where our clients’ dog was viciously attacked by another dog while walking on a public street and our clients suffered puncture and crush injuries to their hands while attempting to rescue their dog.Read More
Slip and Fall
Settled case where our client, while shopping in a supermarket, was struck by a loading cart piled high with boxes which was being pushed by a store employee knocking our client to the floor and causing her to suffer injuries.Read More
Ready to get started?
Contact us today, for a complimentary & confidential case evaluation.Get Help Now